Are you a college student or a young professional looking to find the perfect home rental?
Here are some tips to get you started.
As a college student or young professional, your first option is to find a place that’s close to your college/workplace respectively, so you can avoid commute time. But the bad news is, others are also like you and want to find the closest accommodation.
So, this means you have to start looking early. A good time to begin your search is at least about a month before moving to a place for work. For college students, summer months are the best time to start looking for a house share Liverpool.
Starting early will give you a ton of flexibility to find the right place at the best rates.
Make a checklist
Before starting your hunt for the perfect room share, make a checklist of what amenities you need. Some of the aspects to consider include,
- Where is the place located? is it close to school and work?
- Does it have adequate room for your things?
- Does the rental cost include utilities or is that something you have to pay in addition? If so, what is the average cost of utilities for that place?
- Do they allow pets, if you want to take one along with you?
- How is the neighborhood? Is it quiet or noisy? Are you close to a highway?
- How is the crime rate in the neighborhood?
- Does it have a security and background check fee and an application fee?
Add anything else that is pertinent for you. Find answers to all these questions from the different places you see. based on the results, make a choice.
Finding a place does require some research, but it is definitely worth the effort.
Look at the maintenance
See how the house is maintained by the previous owner. Before you decide, look for painting on the walls, broken light bulbs, floors or any other accessory and place for damages.
Many times, you’ll get the perfect place that is well within your budget, but it will be so badly maintained that you may not even feel like moving on. This is why keeping this factor into consideration is important.
Finally, if you have found the HMO Liverpool you want, pay the security deposit and enjoy your new place.